Saint Mary Orthodox Society for the Support of Orphans was established in 1905 in Tripoli, Al Mina with the aim to provide shelter to orphans in the area. Later through the years, the association launched a “Resto du Coeur” program where it used to serve hot meals to needy people.
Accordingly, IOCC & FHF approached the ladies leading this Society (around 20) –that is currently a foyer to female students- to revive and upgrade their existing kitchen in order to activate a food assistance program. In parallel, capacity building to the cooking team (Syrian and Lebanese ladies) was given by FHF on food safety, healthy nutrition, recipes’ standardization and menu development. Since December 2015, hundreds of Syrian and Lebanese families are fed on a daily basis in El Mina and Tebbaneh area.
Implementing Partners: IOCC
Funders: Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH)