Apples have great nutritional benefits that justify the “one apple a day” reputation. Here are the top 10 reasons for you to eat apples on a daily basis:
- Apples are an excellent source of antioxidants which helps in protecting you from developing cancer, diabetes and heart disease
- Apples are a great source of fibers
- Apples help in controlling your cholesterol levels
- Apples beat diarrhea and constipation
- Apple are rich in Vitamin C and A
- Apples help in controlling your weight (1 apple contains only 50-80 Calories)
- Apple are a source of Potassium
- Apples strengthen your immune system
- Apples help in preventing respiratory diseases
- Apples helps in preventing hypertension
One apple a day…keeps the doctor away!
How to cook apples??
There are different ways and recipes to enjoy apples. Apples make a healthy snack and are also very commonly used in desserts to prepare pies, cakes and crumbles. They can also be added to salads as fruits or as vinegar. Apples can be enjoyed on breakfast as well, either as jams or compote mixed with oats. Not to forget to mention the famous candied apples, kids’ favorite treats in festivals, the healthy dried apples or apple chips and refreshing apple juice!