Yellow cake with grape molasses “Sfouf b’Debes”
Grape molasses has many uses. It can be used to sweeten cookies, cakes and breads. It can be made into a refreshing drink and can also be used to flavor puddings, BBQ sauce and gravies. We recommend you try “Sfouf b’Debes” for a truly delicious food experience.
Recipe: Yellow cake with grape molasses or “Sfouf b’Debes”
Ingredients: (makes 11 pieces)
150g of ferkha flour
150g of flour
200g of grape molasses
75g of vegetable oil
20g of powdered milk
5g of baking powder
200g of warm water
5g of instant yeast
5g of powdered aniseeds
Pinch of sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to medium heat.
- Mix flours, powdered milk, instant yeast, baking powder and the powdered aniseeds.
- Add the vegetable oil and rub well.
- Add the grape molasses and the warm water.
- Spread the tahini in a nonstick oven pan and pour the mixture.
- Spread the sesame seeds.
- Let the mixture rest for 30 minutes, and then put it in the oven for 25 minutes
- Serve cold.
Learn more about molasses!